A little journal of my adventures in gardening, cooking and other constructive projects.

Friday, July 1, 2011

Calend

Been busy lately.  Short photo updates until I can write longer ones.  And happy Canada Day!

Yesterday, the first pumpkin blossom opened!  I didn't manage to get a photo of it before it closed.

Myro's mom gave me celery, so gave her some green onions.
 

Today being the first day of the month, my calendula bloomed!

Myro came over.  After working in the garden, we relaxed.  I set up the cheap rope hammock I picked up while in Montreal two years back, and a bug net.  It's amazing that the apple tree can support our weight.
 

Daisies!
 

The netting I had over the 3x6 bed was getting too cumbersome, so I replaced it with fencing.  Still kept the shade netting though.  Of course, some critters had to take advantage of this.  My guess is that the baby rabbit came in, sampled some nommables, then went tripping over all the garden twine.  Grrr.  I hope my carrots survive (the spinach should).  Surprisingly, most of the salad is still there.  Maybe that adage about rabbits eating carrots has a bit of truth...
 

So I've covered the entire bed in netting again.  Grrr.


Count your days, bunny, count your days...


No comments:

Post a Comment