A little journal of my adventures in gardening, cooking and other constructive projects.

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Soft Foods

As I mentioned, I'm currently recovering from tonsillitis.

So of course, my wisdom teeth are also now coming in.  They've been breaking the gums for a while now, maybe two years.  But now, on my right side, both top and bottom teeth have broken the gums and are pushing out.

It feels like having braces, but only on the right half of my face....in the absolute farthest back of my jaw.

And so it's become extremely uncomfortable to chew; because of the tender gums, having to re-learn the chewing motion so that I don't chew my cheek off, and because of the swelling.  Oh god, the swelling.

So for the next while, I'll be avoiding chewing or even opening my mouth wide.  Thus, I'll need some friendlier foods.

I've started a list of soft foods that I think I'll like, but I'd appreciate any suggestions you may have!

Protein:
  • hummus 
  • soft ("silken") tofu
  • baked beans
  • ...

Veg that can be roasted and mashed:
  • sweet potato
  • squash
  • potato
  • carrots?
  • celeriac
  • parsnip
  • ...

Fruit:
  • poached apples, pears
  • applesauce
  • mandarin oranges
  • banana 
  • cooked peaches
  • ...

...will continue to update.


No comments:

Post a Comment