A little journal of my adventures in gardening, cooking and other constructive projects.

Friday, April 27, 2012

Seedlings: week 2

Been a crazy couple of weeks.  Here are some highlights.

Seed tray with cells:
 
  

Basil and some zucchinis:

Highlights:

  • A bunch of broccoli seedlings died this week; it looked as if they had been touched too hard.  The top halves wilted and fell over.  I pulled them out and sowed new seeds on 25 Apr.  
  • Calendula strong as usual.
  • Only three brandywine tomatoes sprouted, so I sowed new seeds on 23 Apr.  Sowed two more Purple Prince tomatoes also.  
  • Parsley still takes a long time to germinate.  Even longer than the purple confelowers.  Only two parsley have germinated so far.  
  • Sunsugar has almost a 100% germination rate in the cells.  I sowed some in yogurt tubs for friends; those took a lot longer to germinate, some still haven't come up yet; I'm beginning to wonder if they ever will.  
  • Zucchinis are going strong.  Again, the only ones that haven't germinated are in the plastic tubs.  I wonder why that is...?
  • True leaves are showing up a lot sooner this year.  Probably due to the heat mat.  
  • I will need a second light box next year.  But Mom might not let me grow seeds indoors next year because of her allergies...  



No comments:

Post a Comment