A little journal of my adventures in gardening, cooking and other constructive projects.

Monday, June 4, 2012

Radish Sprouts - Day One

I've been itching to try sprouting for a few weeks now, but never really had the courage, and have been a little scared of contaminated or less-than-ideal seeds.  But the thought of paying money for farmed sprouts when it seems so easy and cheap to do it at home--and the promise of more fresh (salad) veggies...and finding affordable organic seeds--did convince me to try!

I was at Vita Health on Sunday, and saw a 200g bag of organic radish seeds for under $5.  I had thought they would be more expensive!  Found some canning jars at Canadian Tire, on sale for $7 for a 12-pack; and I had some leftover cheesecloth at home.

Instructions on sprouts package:
Rinse seeds in fresh lukewarm water and drain 4 times a day.  On the 3rd day, the sprouts will be app. 1-2".  Place in direct sunlight, sprouts will be ready to serve on the 4th day.
Day One:



No comments:

Post a Comment