A little journal of my adventures in gardening, cooking and other constructive projects.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Cinnamon Buns

I made cinnamon buns!  It's been a while since I last made them.  They're the soft, sticky kind.  However, this isn't a recipe I'm ready to share yet, sorry!  When I've perfected it, then I'll be able to share it, but I've got to tweak a few things first.

For one, the caramel in the bottom of the pan needs to be thinned out, but I'm not sure how much water it would take.  Also, while pecans are fantastic with cinnamon buns, I think they need to go inside the rolls, not on top!


Below:  Rolls on their second rising.  Maybe I'll only make nine rolls next time...


Below:  Rolls, after baking.

 

I really like this cream cheese frosting I threw together.  I used a whole container of spreadable cream cheese (I didn't think I would use the whole container, and didn't want leftover non-spreadable cream cheese), maybe 2 teaspoons of cultured butter (mmmm!) and maybe half a cup of powdered sugar.  I didn't really measure these, I just added what I felt was needed until I was satisfied with the results.

The frosting is more tangy than sweet, which I really like!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment