A little journal of my adventures in gardening, cooking and other constructive projects.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Gardening: week 5

We had a slightly wet weekend and start to the week.  But the radishes sure enjoyed it!  


Below right:  Carrot seed leaves poking out!  Finally!!

 

Below:  Radish squares 1, 2 and 3.


Below:  Radish square 3 was the planted most recently, with Sparkler radishes (white tip).  I saw the seed packs for 33 cents, and had to try it!


Below:  My peas have survived!  I'm so happy with the bird-scaring sparkly!!
Below right:  This was direct-seeded maybe two weeks ago; it finally came up!

 

Below:  Every week, I have to remove more prickly weeds!  Where are these brutes coming from?!


Below left:  Black Krim tomato seedling outgrowing its peat pot.  I especially like that root coming over the lip of the pot, sneaky and rather creepy!
Below right:  Ginger Mint, purchased from Canadian Tire.  I cut a sprig off for myself, and it looks alive again!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment