A little journal of my adventures in gardening, cooking and other constructive projects.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Violas

I bought some flowers on Monday.

Photos from 14 May:
 
Above:  Ever since I found that volunteer viola in my yard, I've developed a soft spot for these tiny beauties.  I think they're ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!

 
Above:  I got some lobelia for my mom's hanging basket.  Here you can see the variety names, too.

 Above:  I also got a present for Myro.  Ginger mint!  It smells more lemony than gingery.  Huh.


Above:  My two square feet of radishes.


While at a florist with Myro on Sunday, I saw some vegetable seeds by Burpee, a company I didn't know much about.  But when I saw their salad blends, I was intrigued.  So I bought some seeds on Monday.  I've sown some into these rectangular planters.  Unfortunately, I forgot to augment the soil with perlite to improve drainage, so let's just hope for the best!!  (Also, viola flowers are edible, which is why I've put them with the salads!)

More later...


No comments:

Post a Comment