A little journal of my adventures in gardening, cooking and other constructive projects.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Backyard Wildlife

I was out gardening in the early evening and had some unexpected visitors!  Three were of the human variety (though one was quasi-expected).  The ones I photographed were not!

As always, click for larger.

Baby Bunny!

  


Young Grackle

This little guy doesn't know how to fly.  He just sat in this dead plant on in my neighbour's gravel and let me take pictures of him.

As much as I dislike grackles in my back yard, I couldn't be (very) cruel to it.  I chased it around but didn't harm it.  ...  Partly because I'm not that much of a jerk, but also because one of its parents was nearby squawking at it.  I didn't really feel like defending myself from sharp, disease-ridden beaks.

I also took some videos of chasing it around.  I'll post them after they've finished uploading.






Bigger Bunny!

  


No comments:

Post a Comment