A little journal of my adventures in gardening, cooking and other constructive projects.

Friday, June 3, 2011

Hot Summer Day

So, on Thursday it was steadily over 15C from 09:00 onward (with a little dip to 14.5 at 13:19, apparently, when it rained briefly), and didn't drop again til Friday morning around 02:00.

That day of heat (and humidity) worked MAGIC upon the garden!

Left:  my extra broccoli sprouted!  Well, one of them did.  I expect more soon!

The rain also helped keep things from baking away.








Below:  Agastache Cana, the one I pinched, coming back strong.
 

The one I pinched about a week later:

Sweet Peas in the flower container!  I pinched back one plant to encourage multiple stems.
 

I'm assuming this is a Bachelor's Button seedling...

Bunching onions/leeks/red onion sets sowed for bunching onions.

Nasturtium Seedling

ZUCCHINI FLOWERS look ready to open!
 

Pumpkin seedling:

Spinaches:
  

Carrots:

Broccoli:  Doing exceptionally well!  They are now about as sturdy as the ones you can buy!
    

They're still in the plastic bottles, but I decided today to do away with most of them.
    

Mesclun:


No comments:

Post a Comment