A little journal of my adventures in gardening, cooking and other constructive projects.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Rosemary

So, it was my dad's birthday last month.  Things were pretty scary and hectic, so I didn't get a chance to get him his present, which is ok because it usually gets lumped in with "Fathers' Day" anyway.  My dad loves rosemary.  At least, he loves talking about how great it is and how you can put it on lamb and beef and other things, which I'm not sure he really knows much about.

Anyway.  "I" got him a rosemary plant and a little terracotta pot.  He's killed several rosemary plants in the past, but I hope this will be different this time.  ...  Hope.

I've heard rosemary loves terracotta.  And air.  So I picked this pot with nice little slits in it.


I filled in the bottom half-ish with coconut fibre, then crushed up the rootball, plopped it in, put in more coir and topped it with some soil and woodchips from the last rosemary's soil.


Here's hoping.

Zucchini


Another zucchini flower opened up!  But yesterday's blossoms closed.  I wonder if that's because I got water in them (or some other mechanical or environmental reason), or because they only open for a day.  Hm...

  

Here's that nasturtium that wilted.  looks like it's back!



No comments:

Post a Comment