A little journal of my adventures in gardening, cooking and other constructive projects.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Arts and Maths

I've been playing around with the layout and style of this blog, as well as contemplating its purpose... I've had a personal blog for a while, and I appreciated the ability to be mostly anonymous on it. At least, if you know me, it's hard to find it; but if you know the blog, it's easy to find me (which may or may not turn out to be a problem--I've been stalked once before and it wasn't nice).

So while I would absolutely love to post artwork and math everywhere, it feels almost too personal to put on a mostly-gardening-and-sometimes-cooking-and-building blog. However, I would really really really love to show off my awesome artwork and math skillz (I'm half-sarcastic: I'm very proud of most of my work, but I hate to boast unduly).

The compromise is that I've now included a link to my deviantArt page in the "More Charlie" section of the sidebar, as well as the "Art" link now at the top of the page; and when ever I make some new art, or want to make a new post about math, I will let myself post it here.

Note: I haven't been on deviantArt for ages, and I don't intend to use it often. I don't check my dA messages at all and very, very rarely will check comments, favourites, etc.


That being said, I have an exception!



Here is a Flash animation I started YEARS ago (2006-ish), and am extremely proud of. It's unfinished, and I've broken it into three parts for ease of editing and viewing. It's entitled Epsilons and Deltas: A short story about love and math. I hope you will enjoy.

Introduction [link]





Part I [link]





Part II [link]





No comments:

Post a Comment