A little journal of my adventures in gardening, cooking and other constructive projects.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Outdoor Planter 1

I've been procrastinating.  I finally caught up a little!

Transplanted/Thinned:
  • Bee Balm
  • Tarragon
  • Cosmos-es
  • Basils
  • Pumpkin
Problems:
  • Butternut: drastically yellowing leaves
  • Zucchini: yellow cotyledons
  • Broccoli: one plant has yellowing/drying cotyledon
  • white fuzz still present on some coir
To Do List
Thin the following:
  • marigolds
  • agastache
  • cherry tomatoes
Think of how to build a tomato support
Think of how to build pea support
Buy and add compost to beds
Turn compost


Outdoor Planter

I bought two square flower planters from the dollar store.  They're not so bad!  A little flimsy, but...  I decided  I would dedicate at least one of them for only flowers.

Flowers:
  • Agastache Cana
  • Bachelor's Button
  • Daisy - shasta
  • Sweet Pea - lilac
I got started on it today.  

Materials:
  • used drink bottles
  • scissors
  • planter
  • seeds
  • seedlings
Prepare bottles: take off any labels.  Cut off bottom portion.  Set aside.  

Separate seedlings

 

Plant seedlings in planter.

 

Place tops of bottles over seedlings.



Poke holes where you'd like to plant seeds.






















...post abandoned



No comments:

Post a Comment